With the release of our new Bourbon Infused Honey and Father's Day quickly approaching we decided to curate a collection of recipes that we think will be perfect to serve on Father's Day. Each one incorporates our Bourbon Infused Honey and they complement each other perfectly. We love them and we think Dad will too!
First up we marinated a cut of beef shoulder in a sweet and nutty honey espresso glaze that doubles as a mouth-watering sauce for serving over the steak.
- 1/4 cup Stubbees Bourbon Infused Honey
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1.5 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons instant espresso powder
- 2 pounds of top blade roast
- Oil for skillet
- 12 ounces wild mushrooms
- Coarse ground kosher salt
- Coarsely ground black pepper
- 4-5 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
In shallow dish, combine the Bourbon Infused Honey, soy sauce, espresso powder, and vinegar. Place the steak in the sauce and marinate at room temperature for 20 minutes. Flip the steak about ten minutes into the marinating time.
Heat a cast iron skillet over medium heat. Remove the steak from the marinade and pat dry and set marinade aside (do not discard). Season both sides of the steak with freshly cracked black pepper.
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil to coat the bottom of your skillet. Place the steak in the skillet and brown the outside (about 1.5 minutes on each side). Reduce heat to medium low and cook the steak for an additional 3-4 minutes, flipping every minute or so until the steak is done to your liking. Transfer steak to a plate, cover loosely with foil and let rest for 15 min.
- Bring leftover marinade to a boil over medium high heat in a small saucepan and boil for 2 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium-low and let simmer for 7-8 minutes until it becomes thick and syrupy. Turn off the heat and leave the sauce on the warm stovetop until ready to serve.
- Return the skillet to medium heat. Place 1 tablespoon of oil in the skillet. Add the mushrooms to the pan and spread them out as evenly as possible. Brown the mushrooms undisturbed for 3 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste and sauté for another 3 minutes, stirring often. Add the thyme and garlic and cook for another minute. Turn off the heat and add the butter, tossing to coat the mushrooms. Keep warm until ready to serve.
- Top steak with mushrooms and serve with sauce.