This recipe is a take on the classic Old Fashioned with an summery twist. It's great for making in single servings but easy to whip up a bigger batch in a punch bowl or pitcher. Just the perfect thing for a summer BBQ or dinner on the porch!
- 4 teaspoons thyme simple syrup (see recipe)
- 3 dashes Angostura Aromatic Bitters
- 1 1/2 ounces bourbon whiskey
- 1 lemon peel (for garnish)
FOR THYME SIMPLE SYRUP
- 1/2 cup Stubbees Bourbon Infused Honey
- 1/2 cup water
4 sprigs thyme
1. Begin by making the thyme simple syrup. In a small saucepan, combine honey, water, and thyme sprigs over medium heat. Bring to a simmer, stirring frequently until honey has dissolved into water. Remove from heat and allow to cool completely. Once cool, remove thyme sprigs and transfer to an airtight container.
2. When ready to make cocktail, add 4 teaspoons of the thyme simple syrup and the 3 dashes of bitters to an Old Fashioned glass. Swirl syrup and bitters around in glass. Add bourbon, ice, lemon peel, and stir. Enjoy!