What better baking ingredient could there be than bourbon? It adds such a unique complementary flavor to sweet things. In this brownie recipe we substituted most of the sugar for our Bourbon Infused Honey which makes the brownies moist and even makes them last longer! We sprinkled some nuts and sea salt on the top making these brownies the perfect savory sweet indulgence!
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup dark or Dutch-processed cocoa powder, sifted
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 5 ounces dark or bittersweet chocolate (70-75%), finely chopped
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Stubbees Bourbon Infused Honey
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips or chunks, plus more for topping
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans, divided
- flake sea salt, for topping
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease an 8-by-8-inch baking pan and set aside.
- Whisk flour, sifted cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, espresso powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Combine butter and chopped chocolate in a saucepan. Stir over low heat until chocolate is almost melted. Remove from heat and continue to gently stir until smooth; the residual heat from the pan should be enough to melt the last few bits of chocolate.
- Whisk in brown sugar and honey until incorporated.
- Whisk in eggs, one at a time, whisking completely after each one, until batter is smooth and shiny.
- Sprinkle dry ingredients over top of melted chocolate mixture and whisk or stir until just incorporated. Stir in chocolate chips and 1/2 cup of pecans. Spread into prepared pan. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup pecans, chocolate chips, and flake sea salt, as desired.